Towards Zero Club Grants Criteria Apply now
We’re giving clubs from AFL Victoria access to $300,000 worth of funding.
Each club can be awarded up to $10,000 for the 2020 season. Simply apply for the grant online at aflvic.com.au by addressing the criteria below, and prove your club’s demonstrated commitment to the Towards Zero vision.
Our team of road safety experts and personnel from AFL Victoria and TAC will review your application in August of this year and decide the successful clubs to receive the grant. We’re judging on your ability to meet and report on the below criteria:
1. Demonstrate your club’s commitment to promoting the Towards Zero vision. This includes promoting our message at function and training facilities, amongst club personnel, online or on social media.
- This could include showing photos of your club displaying the (TAC endorsed) Towards Zero posters, bar mats, coasters, and other road safety messages provided to you by the TAC and your league or Region Commission at the start of the 2019 season.
- This could also include a short explanation, accompanied by photos or videos of your club’s endeavour to promote safe driving behaviour as explained in the Towards Zero pack provided to you by your league or Region Commission at the start of the 2019 season.
- Sharing and promoting TAC Facebook activity and advertising campaigns from the club Facebook and social pages.
2. Demonstrate your club’s commitment to promoting the importance of Learner drivers gaining 120 hours of practice in all conditions, as well as 20 hours of night driving practice, across the football/netball season. This commitment could come in the form of:
- Coordinating a ‘drive to the game or drive to training’ event for learner drivers in the club and promoting that event.
- Encouraging parents to complete the ‘safer p-platers’ online e-learning module and recording details of those who have completed it.
3. Demonstrate your club’s effort to provide and promote safe transport options at club events and functions where alcohol will be served and consumed. This effort could include:
- Providing and promoting the use of shuttle buses during club events located outside main regional/suburban centres.
- Providing free or discounted non-alcoholic drinks for designated drivers or rewarding them by other means, such as with vouchers, free meals etc.
- Promoting the ‘drinking and driving, they’re better apart’ message across social media assets, on tickets or in the football record prior to club functions and events.
4. Actively participating in and promoting the Towards Zero Round. Towards Zero Round is a new, fixtured round on the weekend of 3rd to 4th August. This participation could include but is not limited to:
- Getting captains of your club teams to wear a 0 on their jersey for the match in Towards Zero Round.
- Getting your Senior netballers to wear Towards Zero socks for the match in Towards Zero Round.
- Demonstrating promotion of your involvement in Towards Zero Round (i.e. content placed on social media and in your club record, in local media outlets if possible etc).
- Messages from the club’s President/Board/Coaches etc of why Towards Zero is important prior to the Round.
- Displaying Towards Zero messaging in and around your club where possible (be creative! Use assets you have i.e. score boards etc.)
For further information and inquiries please contact:
Mobile: 0421 492 532