Help with travel and accommodation

Travel costs

The TAC can reimburse the cost for eligible students to travel to and from school, university, TAFE or registered training organisations. This includes paying for public transport, the use of your personal car and, in very special cases, taxi costs.

Find out more about travel costs.

Visiting expenses for parents to visit a dependant child in hospital

The TAC can pay travel and accommodation expenses for parents to visit their dependant child who is admitted to hospital as a result of an accident.

Find out more about these expenses.

Visiting expenses for immediate family members to visit their injured loved one in hospital

The TAC can pay travelling and accommodation costs for members of the immediate family to visit their injured relative while they are in a hospital that is more than 100kms away from where they live. Visiting expenses are capped to a maximum amount of $10,780 (as of 1 July 2017) for each injured person.

Found out more about these visiting expenses.