The TAC will pay for child care when:
- You have an accepted TAC claim
- You cared for a child for 30 days before your accident
- Your accident injuries prevent you from caring for the child.
Education support services
The TAC can support a client's return to an education program by paying for education support services that may include:
- Integration support programs in child care, preschool, primary and secondary schools
- Tutoring programs for primary, secondary and post-secondary education
- Specialist support, such as therapists, education specialists or other specialist professionals.
Family support workers
Family Support workers can help you by developing a rehabilitation program so that you can resume parenting duties after an accident.
Special education consultant services
A school may require assistance to plan for and work with a student who has suffered injuries in a transport accident. A special education consultant assists the school to manage the student's ongoing educational needs.