- Medical Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Disability Services
- Household support services
- Fee Schedules
- Forms and brochures - Provider
- General Practitioners
- Independence - An Overview for Providers
- Physical Therapy Resources
- Clinical Resources
- Equipment List
- Mental health resources
- Occupational therapy resources
- Hospital Resources
- Network Provider including Occupational Physiotherapy resources
- Recently Updated Policies
- Independent Medical Examiners
- Fraud and Compliance
- Engagement of Counsel Guidelines
The TAC has adopted the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items, explanations, definitions, rules and conditions for services provided by medical practitioners. When invoicing for medical services, medical practitioners are expected to adhere to the MBS rules unless otherwise specified by the TAC in the Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services booklet or its medical policies.
The Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services booklet below must be read in conjunction with:
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS)
- Clarification of Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) rules
- The TAC invoicing guidelines for medical practitioners
- The TAC's medical practitioner policy
- Other policies outlined within the Medical Services section of our website
Current Rates (as of 1 November 2012)
- The 'Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed on or after 1 November 2012' are available in pdf and excel format.
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 November 2011 - 31 October 2012 (pdf booklet)
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 November 2010 - 31 October 2011 (pdf booklet)
At the time of production this publication contained up to date information as released by Medicare Australia (Medicare). The relevant publication will be updated to reflect any further changes that are implemented by Medicare after 1 November of each year. Please check our website for the latest version.
If you have any questions about these publications or the reimbursement rates, please contact the TAC on 1300 654 329. Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com.