Evidence reviews are summaries of research studies that have examined how well treatments work.
Evidence reviews can help you and your patients understand and predict the benefits that can be expected from a particular treatment.
The following evidence reviews have been developed by the TAC and WorkSafe TAC Evidence Service, a service provided by the Institute for Safety Compensation and Recovery Research (ISCRR) based at Monash University.
Evidence reviews must be objective, and not influenced by parties with vested interests. The Evidence Service uses independent reviewers who have full editorial control of the reviews.
TAC uses evidence reviews in its policy development and as a guide in decision making.
TAC has also partnered with PEDro, the Physiotherapy Evidence Database. PEDro is a free database of randomised trials, systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy.
Implantable pain therapies
Intrathecal infusions include:
- Opiates (opioids, narcotics)
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Subcutaneous electrical stimulation
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- Motor cortex stimulation
- Deep brain stimulation
Spinal injection therapies
- Epidural injections
- Other spinal injection therapies
- Medial Branch Blocks
- Facet joint injections
- Sacro-iliac joint injections
Lumbar Spinal Fusion
- Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma or whole blood injections for epicondylitis - Evidence Review Report - Word - 0.43MB
- Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma or whole blood injections for epicondylitis - ISCRR Evidence Review Summary - Word - 0.21MB
- Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma or whole blood injections for epicondylitis - Plain language statement - Word - 0.16MB
- Segmented rehabilitation for people after ABI - PDF - 0.5 MB
- Beds & Mattresses for Back Pain - Plain language summary - PDF - 0.21 MB
- Beds & Mattresses for Back Pain - Technical Report Appendices 1-6 - PDF - 1.27 MB
- Chronic Pain Evidence Review - PDF - 0.46 MB
- Comparative effectiveness of counselling providers with different qualifications - Plain language summary - PDF - 0.28 MB
- Comparative effectiveness of counselling providers with different qualifications - Appendices 1-5 - PDF - 0.32 MB
- Current & emerging assistive technologies Evidence Review - PDF - 0.47 MB
- Art Therapy Evidence Review - Plain language summary - PDF - 0.2 MB
- Art Therapy - Technical Report Appendices 1-5 - PDF - 0.88 MB
- Models of supported accommodation for TBI - Evidence Review - PDF - 2.91 MB
- Personal Experiences Online - Evidence Review - PDF - 0.31 MB
- Rehabilitation in the Disability Context - Evidence Review.pdf - PDF - 0.26 MB
- The costs and benefits of end user engagement in disability research - Evidence Review - PDF - 0.42 MB
- rTMS-for-Depression-Evidence-Review.pdf - PDF - 0.43 MB