Policies that relate to you
How to invoice the TAC
When invoicing for services provided to a TAC client, it's important to include the below information. This will help ensure prompt and accurate payment.
Invoicing information required
- TAC payee number (this will be advised once the TAC has received your initial invoice for services. This number will then be required for future invoicing)
- Payee billing address
- Payee practice/clinic address - if different to your billing address
- Family name and given name/s
- Patient's TAC claim number for example 04/12345. If this is unknown, please use your patients date of birth and date of the transport accident
- Name of health professional /service provider
- Date of service
- Time of service if more than one service was provided on the same day
- TAC item number and description - as per the TAC fee schedule
- Duration of each service
- Itemised fee for each service
- Service location - if different to the practice/ clinic address
- Total charge for invoiced items
- Services which are subject to GST must be submitted on a GST compliant invoice
If you require multiple providers on the one invoice you must be clearly identify the service listed under each health professional/service provider.
You can also use this invoice template XLS, 0.03MB to assist you in preparing your invoices.
Submitting your invoice
Please send an original copy of your invoice to the below address. Please note duplicate accounts, such as statements, photocopies or facsimiles will not be processed for payment.
Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
GPO Box 2751
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Payment of invoices
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is our preferred method of payment. Please complete the EFT/ Direct Deposit Authority form to help ensure the prompt payment of invoices.
Additional information required for:
Common Law, VCAT, s.93 and recoveries. Please refer to the TAC's letter of instruction for this information.
If you have further invoicing or payment queries please contact us.
Certificate of Capacity
Refer to our helpful range of clinical resources when treating your patient
Forms and brochures
Additional forms and brochures when treating your patient are also available.
The form is for chiropractic service providers to provide an overview of the client's current status, including ongoing improvements and any barriers to recovery that exist. The separate 'notes' document in this section provides additional instructions and clarification to help complete the form.
Gym/Swim program: evaluation form (for Provider use only) Summary:
This form is for reporting the progress of clients participating in TAC-funded gym, swimming and pilates programs as part of their rehabilitation.
Independence Plan - Information for providers Summary:
This brochure introduces TAC's new way of working with providers to support seriously injured clients, known as Independence. Independence aims to improve client outcomes and better align service delivery with evolving community expectations regarding supporting people with serious injuries.