The TAC has adopted the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items, explanations, definitions, rules and conditions for services provided by medical practitioners. When invoicing for medical services, medical practitioners are expected to adhere to the MBS rules unless otherwise specified by the TAC on the Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services information page or its medical policies.
The Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services must be read in conjunction with:
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS)
- Clarification of Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) rules
- Other policies outlined within the Medical Practitioners section of our website
Important: The Excel spreadsheet below has been updated on 10 March 2022 with some recent MBS changes effective from 1 March. It also includes all the temporary MBS COVID19 telehealth items payable by the TAC.
Please disregard any earlier versions you have downloaded before this date.
For further information about TAC funded telehealth, please refer to our telehealth information page.
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021 XLSX, 0.33MB
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020 XLSX, 0.15MB
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019 XLSX, 0.17MB
At the time of production this publication contained up to date information as released by Medicare Australia (Medicare). The relevant publication will be updated to reflect any further changes that are implemented by Medicare each year. Please check our website for the latest version.
If you have any questions about these publications or the reimbursement rates, please contact the TAC on 1300 654 329. Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com.