The TAC has adopted the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items, explanations, definitions, rules and conditions for services provided by medical practitioners. When invoicing for medical services, medical practitioners are expected to adhere to the MBS rules unless otherwise specified by the TAC on the Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services information page or its medical policies.
The Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services must be read in conjunction with:
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS)
- Clarification of Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) rules
- Other policies outlined within the Medical Practitioners section of our website
Important: The Excel spreadsheet below was updated on 21 June and includes the MBS updates for 1 July and the temporary MBS COVID19 telehealth items payable by the TAC.
Please refer to our telehealth information page for further information about TAC funded telehealth.
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020 XLSX, 0.15MB
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019 XLSX, 0.17MB
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018 XLSX, 0.16MB
At the time of production this publication contained up to date information as released by Medicare Australia (Medicare). The relevant publication will be updated to reflect any further changes that are implemented by Medicare each year. Please check our website for the latest version.
If you have any questions about these publications or the reimbursement rates, please contact the TAC on 1300 654 329. Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.