Equipment refers to items that are used to assist a person's recovery following a transport related injury. Use of equipment may help address one or more of the following aspects of an injured person's recovery:
- community involvement (through return to work, educational or leisure activities)
- relief of pain or discomfort
- safe environment.
Equipment is recommended to a TAC client by their treating health professional. A treating health professional may recommend equipment related to their area of expertise and/or scope of treatment.
- Aidacare equipment list PDF, 1.07MB
- Aidacare equipment list XLSX, 0.27MB
- Country Care equipment list PDF, 3.41MB
- Country care equipment list XLSX, 1.3MB
- Independence Australia equipment list PDF, 0.78MB
- Independence Australia equipment list XLSX, 0.84MB
The Continence, Nutritional Supplements and Wound Care Equipment List is a resource developed for treating health professionals to use when recommending equipment and products for their patients. The List will streamline processes for ordering equipment and products ensuring availability, resulting in less delays and improved outcomes for your patient.
The List includes items which support continence, nutritional and wound care management and/or independence for TAC clients. These items have been divided into 3 categories titled Continence, Nutritional Supplements and Wound Care.
Please note that Independence Australia is the sole contracted supplier for Continence, Nutritional Supplements and Wound Care equipment and products. If you require a product that does not appear on the list please contact Independence Australia on 1300 788 855 and ask to be connected with the TAC Customer Service Team who can assist you with pricing.
You can also see a description of Independence Australia products by visiting http://store.independenceaustralia.com/
Small stock equipment item list
For equipment up to $150 on the approved items list (below), prescribing healthcare professionals can order directly from the TAC contracted equipment supplier. The contracted supplier will invoice the TAC. The equipment will be provided at the conclusion of an in rooms treatment to be used subsequently by the client.
- taping (zinc oxide, fixomull, strapping etc)
- bandages (compression, tubigrip, gauze products, etc)
- oedema control and dressing bandages
- thermal supports, pressure garments and gloves
- soft collars
- lumbar rolls
- hand putty/thera-putty, digiflex, exercise foam, thera-band, etc
- walking aids (sticks, crutches, etc)
- triangular slings
- ice packs, heat packs
- hibitane, iso-wipes, skin-prep, applicators, etc
- adaptive cutlery
- dressing aids
- pick up sticks
- hand weights up to 3kg
- silicone gel sheeting (one 10x13cm sheet only) or in equivalent liquid form
- non-electrical adapted cleaning equipment (up to $150 per item only).
How to recommend items on the list
You will be required to recommend items from the equipment lists when treating a TAC client. To do this please submit a written request, or a Equipment Prescription Form for any of the following items:
To recommend items that are not included on the equipment lists, such as specialised or custom equipment, please complete the Equipment Prescription Form and submit to the TAC. Clinical justification must be provided when similar items are available on the equipment lists.
For all high cost customised items a standardised quote is also required with the submission of the Equipment Prescription Form. Equipment suppliers should provide a standardised quote to you using the Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote below. For further information about standardised quotes please refer to the Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote notes.
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote EPF2 PDF, 0.04MB
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote EPF2 DOC, 0.21MB
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote notes EPF2N PDF, 0.05MB
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote notes EPF2N DOC, 0.13MB
Supply of Equipment
The TAC uses both contracted and non-contracted suppliers to provide clients with clinically justified rehabilitation and medical equipment. Where appropriate, suppliers also offer maintenance, repairs and installation services.
Contracted suppliers provide state-wide equipment coverage as well as interstate coverage where required. Treating health professionals and TAC clients are encouraged to visit contracted suppliers, as they offer demonstrations, fittings, trials and expert advice on rehabilitation equipment.
To find out more information on our suppliers please visit:
Non-contracted suppliers are used to source specialised or highly customised items of equipment or items that are not included on the Equipment Lists.
For further information about Equipment, please refer to the Equipment policy and the information sheets below.
- Information sheet for prescribers of rehab equipment PDF, 0.19MB
- Information sheet for prescribers of rehab equipment DOCX, 0.37MB
Emergency Equipment Repairs
All repair requests should be directed to one of the TAC Equipment Contractors in the first instance during business hours. The only exception should be if a client requires an emergency (client at high safety risk) equipment repair outside business hours (9am – 5pm) Monday to Friday.
In this situation, the client or their support staff can contact the following numbers for assistance :
Independence Australia in partnership with (VHHE) on 1800 765 833 during:
Weekends and Public Holidays 24 hours
Aidacare on 1300 133 128 or email@example.com during:
Weekends and Public Holidays 9am-5pm
Country Care Group on 1800 843 224 during:
Weekends and Public Holidays 9am-5pm