These resources all fit the requirements of the AusVELS Health and Physical Education and the Health Knowledge and Promotion dimension.
Health Knowledge and Promotion focuses on strategies to minimise harm and increase the health of students and those around them. Students begin to clarify their personal values and how these can be used to improve their health.
In this section students look at a range of areas including:
- health resources, products and services
- the influence of the law and public health programs
- their own conscience
- community attitudes and
- religious beliefs.
RAW is an innovative curriculum resource for Years 7 to 8 AusVELS Health and Physical Education.
Throughout the unit, students explore the concepts of being healthy, risk taking, peer group pressure and safety. Students identify the harms associated with particular situations and behaviours and how to take action to minimise these.
RAW does not contain overt road safety messages. Rather, it addresses many of the issues, attitudes and challenges that confront students, including self esteem, morality and responsibility.
The RAW film clips are available on Youtube or on DVD, email us or call us on 1300 654 329 (local call) 1800 332 556 (toll-free outside the Melbourne metropolitan area) to order a copy of the clips on DVD.Download VELS 5 Health and Physical Education resources:
- AusVELS 7-8 Health RAW Teaching notes - Word - 1.08MB
- AusVELS 7-8 Health RAW Teaching notes - PDF - 0.34 MB
- AusVELS 7-8 Health RAW teaching sessions - Word - 1.14MB
- AusVELS 7-8 Health RAW teaching sessions - PDF - 0.39 MB
- AusVELS 7-8 RAW BLM documents - Word - 1.13MB
- AusVELS 7-8 RAW BLM documents - PDF - 0.28 MB