Application & Guidelines
‘Our People’ is one of the TAC’s 20/20 Strategic Plan pillars; Support projects and activities that help our people feel enabled, capable and energised to deliver our strategy and vision. TAC is based in Geelong. Our people include our employees, and those who live in the Geelong and Barwon region.
The aim of TAC’s GEELONG LIVEABILITY AND OUR PEOPLE projects and events is to enhance the Geelong Region as a better place to live and work.
Our priority areas for action within this theme are:
- Employee volunteering and fundraising
- Health and Wellbeing (G21 Pillar)
- Education and Training (G21 Pillar)
- Arts, Heritage and Culture (G21 Pillar)
How to apply
If you require a paper based application form you can download one here or email email@example.com and we will send you one.
Who is eligible?
- Applicant organisations must have an ABN
- The activity or event must be based in Geelong or the Barwon region
- Projects must be for the greater good of the Geelong and Barwon community
- No individuals can apply
- Projects or events up to the value of $20,000 maximum
Please note sporting clubs are discouraged from applying for these Geelong Livability and Our People partnerships. The TAC supports community engagement of the Towards Zero messaging through their existing partnerships with Melbourne Victory FC and TAC Cup. If you wish to obtain road safety branded merchandise for events please email Info@tac.vic.gov.au
How we assess applications
Each year we receive many applications worthy of funding, more than we are able to fund.
We use a comprehensive assessment process to select the projects/events that we believe are cost effective, engaging and will be most impactful in either;
- Enhancing the Geelong region and its characteristics as a great place to live and work.
- Engaging our people;TAC employees, in projects and activities that build pride and contribute to them feeling enabled, capable and energised to deliver our vision of zero deaths and serious injuries on the roads.
- Health and Wellbeing (G21 Pillar) - Improving the opportunities for increased access and uptake of physical activity and increasing community connectedness and social inclusion
- Education and Training (G21 Pillar) - increasing educational attainment and participation rates, increasing access to education and training, and or improving the quality of educational outcomes
- Arts, Heritage and Culture (G21 Pillar) - fostering artistic creativity, cultural leadership and involvement, as well as recognition and utilisation of our heritage assets
- Offering an opportunity to engage community members in recognising the role they can play to keep themselves and others safe on our roads.
Feedback on applications
We will contact applicants by phone or email within 12 weeks of receiving the application.
Our decisions are final
With so many great applications, and limited funding available, decision making is challenging. We do ask, however, that you respect our final decision.