How to apply

Step 1

We will call you if you told us that you need income support when you lodged your claim. When we talk with you, we will ask you for some information. This may include:

  • Your employer's business name and address
  • Contact details of your manager or payroll officer
  • If you have returned to work, the date you went back and whether you are working full-time or part-time
  • Details of any changes to your pay in the last 12 months (e.g. a pay rise)
  • If you have financial dependent(s), their name, date of birth and relationship to you (e.g. wife/husband, partner, child)

We'll use this information to work out if you are eligible for income support.

Step 2

To work out how much income support to pay, we need details of your earnings for the 12 months before your accident. This could be:

  • A 12 month payroll report, or
  • Payslips for the 12 months before your accident.

If you have been in your job for less than 12 months, you can send us:

  • A payroll report for the time you have been in your current job, or
  • Payslips from the date you started your current job, up until the date of your accident.

You can send us this information using the myTAC app.

Step 3

Other information we need to pay your income support includes:

  • A Certificate of Capacity from your doctor detailing your time off work that relates to your transport accident injuries
  • Your bank account details including:
    • Bank, branch and account name
    • BSB and account number
  • A completed Tax File Declaration form, as the income support we pay you is a taxable benefit

You can send us this information using the myTAC app.

Need help?

If you need to talk to us about your eligibility for income support, you can call us on 1300 654 329 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5:30pm).