Can the TAC pay for alternative treatment?

The TAC can only pay for treatment provided by a:

  • Doctor
  • Physiotherapist
  • Chiropractor
  • Osteopath
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Speech Pathologist
  • Dentist
  • Nurse
  • Podiatrist
  • Orthotist/prosthetist
  • Optometrist
  • Psychologist/Psychiatrist
  • Acupuncturist/Chinese Medicine practitioner.

The TAC cannot pay for treatment provided by someone who is not on this list.

If you want alternative therapies provided by these treaters, the TAC will ask for more information that proves the treatment is:

  • safe
  • effective,
  • and clinically proven to be beneficial for your accident injury.