Home and vehicle modifications

Home modifications

Some clients, because of injuries they sustained in a transport accident, may need home modifications in order to access their home.

The TAC can pay for home modifications following:

  • Advice on all housing/residential options from a registered occupational therapist or a Benefits and Support Services Assessor
  • Prior written approval of the scope of the modifications by the TAC, including costings.

Find out more about home modifications.

Vehicle modifications

The TAC can pay for modifications to a vehicle regularly used by a client to enable them to:

  • Enter and access a vehicle
  • Load a mobility aid
  • Drive (or be transported safely if they are unable to drive or be driven safely)

Where the existing vehicle cannot be modified, or the client does not have access to a vehicle, the TAC can assist the client to purchase a vehicle.

Find out more about vehicle modifications.