We have zero tolerance for abuse, neglect or violence. This is towards our clients, their family members, providers and our employees.
As a TAC client, you have the right to:
As a TAC client, you have a responsibility to:
- Be safe from abuse
- Be treated with dignity and respect at all times
- Have your privacy respected
- Access high-quality care and support
- Make informed choices and be in control of your care and support
- Have information presented to you in a language or format you can understand
- Have your ethnic, cultural and religious practices respected
- Provide feedback or make a complaint.
- Communicate with courtesy and respect
- Be truthful when providing information to the TAC
- Keep us up to date with any changes in your life that might affect your care and support
- Play an active role in your recovery or rehabilitation and accept responsibility for any decisions or actions you take
- Ask for an explanation of any information you don't understand.
Our staff have the right to:
Our staff have a responsibility to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect
- Refuse to work with a person who is abusive, threatening or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Be called by their preferred name
- Be listened to.
- Respect your privacy
- Work with you in a positive, honest and professional way
- Treat you with dignity and respect
- Give prompt answers to your questions
- Help you solve your issues
- Keep you up to date with any decisions that might affect your treatment or support.