LanternPay - TAC's online payment platform
Many service providers can process TAC payments through LanternPay, a digital solution that allows you to submit paperless invoices, view payment decisions immediately, and receive payment the next business day.
You can also see if a client is eligible for TAC-funded treatment, if a service is approved and how much we will pay.
Services that can invoice the TAC via LanternPay include:
- Allied health
- Podiatry and orthotic
- Radiology and pathology
- Mental health
- Medical (excluding surgery)
- TAC-requested reports
- Vocational rehabilitation services
Please note: Equipment items cannot be invoiced through LanternPay
To sign up to LanternPay, visit lanternpay.com/providers
To learn more about changes for providers that apply regardless of how you invoice the TAC, visit our Changes for providers page.
Always check LanternPay before you treat a TAC client (on the day of treatment if possible) for the most up-to-date and accurate information about a TAC client’s eligibility to receive TAC funded services.
1. Prepare your invoice – Create an invoice in LanternPay that includes the client, provider and service item(s).
2. Check for a message – During invoice creation, you will see a message if the service or claim amount is ineligible. The message will indicate why and what action may be needed. If the invoice appears as usual with no messages, you can feel confident to deliver the treatment or service
3. Submit your invoice – Once you’ve delivered the treatment or service, use LanternPay to (re-create if necessary and) submit the invoice. You will receive a message to tell you if the client is not eligible to receive TAC-funding for any of the service items.
4. Get paid fast – For all approved claims you’ll receive a message confirming the invoice has been successfully submitted for payment and you’ll be paid via LanternPay the next business day.
Please follow the steps above each time you see a TAC client, even if you’ve previously been paid for delivering the same service to the same client as a client’s approval status can change.
As you prepare your invoice you may receive an on-screen 'invoice message' if a service will not be paid. Please see below an explanation of these messages and what you need to do.
|Invoice message||Payment outcome||Reason for payment outcome|
|Quantity can only be set to one for this service||Rejected||This service cannot be billed in multiple quantities. A separate invoice line is required for each individual service|
|Not payable: Paid on previous invoice||Rejected||Multiple items for the same service for the same client on the same day cannot be paid|
|Service requires pre-approval: contact TAC||Rejected||The client needs TAC approval for this service. Contact us on 1300 654 329|
|Decision made: service will not be paid||Rejected||The client is not approved for this service and payment will not be made|
|Paid at reduced rate, contact TAC||Rejected||The client needs TAC approval for the full cost of this service and future treatment. Contact TAC on 1300 654 329|