Attendant care and Client Independence Skills Service (CISS)
The TAC is not currently taking new applications for IRQS registration for attendant care or shared supported accommodation.
If you have any questions, please contact the TAC's Disability Provider Quality Assurance team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please only submit an application when a WorkSafe Victoria client wishes to engage your services.
Attendant care service providers must register with us to provide services to our clients under Victorian Transport Accident legislation. Services will not be paid for until approval has been granted via this registration process.
To be eligible for registration with us
You must be an accredited provider of disability services with another relevant government organisation, such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIA) or the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to be eligible to provide these services to TAC clients and WorkSafe injured workers.
We will ask you for evidence of your accreditation status as part of your application as it is a mandatory requirement.
List of minimum requirements for applicants
- Provide evidence of your accreditation to provide disability services with another relevant government organisation, such as NDIA or DHHS.
- Ensure your staff meet the minimum requirements to provide care which are demonstrated competency in areas relevant to the needs of clients/workers including:
- CPR – anaphylaxis
- First aid
- Food safety
- Infection control
- Fire Safety
- Manual Handling
- AFAC Fire Safety Awareness Training
- Administration of medication
- Understanding Abuse – Zero Tolerance
- Ensure your staff complete a client/worker specific training program, where required by us as a result of a client's specialised support needs.
- Have a minimum of $5 million professional indemnity insurance coverage and a minimum of $5 million public liability insurance coverage with the initial application.
- Ensure all staff have current police checks and working with children checks as appropriate when working on TAC programs.
Client Independence Skills Services (CISS)
To be considered for CISS registration you must meet all Attendant Care Services criteria and:
- Be a Disability Service provider or ABI support organisation.
- Employ staff to conduct the service that possess either an Associate Diploma or Certificate IV qualification in disability, community services or equivalent.
List of documents you must include with your application
- Conflict of Interest policy
- Organisational policies/processes for responding to potential or actual abuse, neglect, exploitation and preventable injury
- Policy/process regarding the handling of client/workers’ money/finances
- Complaints Policy
- Public Liability Insurance policy
- Professional Indemnity Insurance policy
- Staff training calendar
- Organisation structure chart (not required if you are an existing DHHS or NDIA registered provider)
- Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics or Service Charter (not required if you are an existing DHHS or NDIA registered provider)
- Two written references from independent community and/or health professionals (not required if you are and existing DHHS or NDIA registered provider)
You must include all documents requested before you submit your application.
This form may also be used to renew you registration with us as required for quality assurance purposes.
If you prefer to use an print copy the Application for IRQS registration form is available for download PDF, 1.72MB.
What happens next
We will review your application and notify you of the outcome in writing. If a discrepancy arises with your submission, one of our representatives will contact you directly.
If approval is given, a Certificate of Registration along with a letter will be sent advising when services may commence. This will include your provider number for invoicing purposes.