For more information on ordering equipment, please see our Equipment guidelines.
The TAC uses both contracted and non-contracted suppliers to provide clients with clinically justified rehabilitation and medical equipment. Where appropriate, suppliers also offer maintenance, repairs and installation services.
Contracted suppliers provide state-wide equipment coverage as well as interstate coverage where required. Treating health professionals and TAC clients are encouraged to visit contracted suppliers, as they offer demonstrations, fittings, trials and expert advice on rehabilitation equipment. Contracted equipment suppliers offer an equipment ordering portal that treating health professionals and TAC clients can use to order the rehabilitation and medical equipment they need.
We can pay for basic equipment without prior approval. For specialised equipment please use the Equipment Prescription Form.
For information on our contracted suppliers and to access the equipment ordering portals, please visit:
- Country Care Group website
- Country Care Equipment Ordering Portal
- Country Care Equipment Portal User Guide
- Independence Australia (Mobility Aids) website
- Independence Australia (Mobility Aids) Equipment Ordering Portal
- Independence Australia (Mobility Aids) Equipment Portal User Guide
For continence equipment:
Non-contracted suppliers are used to source specialised or highly customised items of equipment or items that are not included on the Equipment Lists.
Equipment refers to items that are used to assist a person's recovery following a transport related injury. Use of equipment may help address one or more of the following aspects of an injured person's recovery:
- community involvement (through return to work, educational or leisure activities)
- relief of pain or discomfort
- safe environment.
Equipment is recommended to a TAC client by their treating health professional. A treating health professional may recommend equipment related to their area of expertise and/or scope of treatment.
- Aidacare equipment list PDF, 1.07MB
- Aidacare equipment list XLSX, 0.27MB
- Country Care equipment list PDF, 3.41MB
- Country care equipment list XLSX, 1.3MB
- Independence Australia equipment list PDF, 0.78MB
- Independence Australia equipment list XLSX, 0.84MB
The Continence, Nutritional Supplements and Wound Care Equipment List is a resource developed for treating health professionals to use when recommending equipment and products for their patients. It includes items that support continence, nutritional and wound care management and/or independence for TAC clients. These items have been divided into 3 categories: Continence, Nutritional Supplements and Wound Care.
Independence Australia is the sole contracted supplier for Continence, Nutritional Supplements and Wound Care equipment and products. If you require a product that does not appear on the list, please contact Independence Australia on 1300 788 855 and ask to be connected with the TAC Customer Service Team, which can assist you with pricing.
You can also see a description of Independence Australia products by visiting http://store.independenceaustralia.com/
How to recommend specialised equipment
You will be required to recommend specialised equipment items from our contracted suppliers when treating a TAC client. If the contracted supplier does not stock the equipment required, you are able to source it from an alternative supplier.
To request specialised equipment please submit an Equipment Prescription Form. Clinical justification must be provided for all specialised equipment items. These include:
- custom toilet / shower / commode chairs
- large exercise equipment
- lifting and standing items
- lounge chairs / tilt recliners
- mainstream multi-functional technology (e.g. tablets, smartphones, computers)
- minor home modification items
- minor vehicle modifications
- powered conversion kits
- pressure cushions
- recumbent trikes
- shower trolleys
- specialised medical items
- standing frames
- tilt tables
- treatment couches
- vocational aids
For all customised items a standardised quote is also required with the submission of the Equipment Prescription Form. Equipment suppliers should provide a standardised quote to you using the Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote below. For further information about standardised quotes please refer to the Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote notes.
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote EPF2 PDF, 0.04MB
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote EPF2 DOC, 0.21MB
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote notes EPF2N PDF, 0.05MB
- Equipment Prescription Form Template Quote notes EPF2N DOC, 0.13MB
Emergency equipment repairs
All repair requests should be directed to one of the TAC Equipment Contractors in the first instance during business hours. The only exception should be if a client requires an emergency (client at high safety risk) equipment repair outside business hours (9am – 5pm) Monday to Friday.
In this situation, the client or their support staff can contact the following numbers for assistance:
Independence Australia in partnership with (Mobility Aids) on 1800 765 833 during:
Weekends and Public Holidays 24 hours
Aidacare on 1300 133 128 or firstname.lastname@example.org during:
Weekends and Public Holidays 9am-5pm
Country Care Group on 1800 843 224 during:
Weekends and Public Holidays 9am-5pm