As a health or medical professional, you can refer a new TAC client to a range of treatments and services if they are related to their transport accident and are required to help them recover from their transport injury.
How to refer a patient
Confirm that your patient has a TAC claim number.
You can check if your patient’s claim has been approved via LanternPay or by calling us on 1300 654 329 between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Check our list of treatments and services to identify the option you are recommending for your patient.
If you are recommending a treatment or service identified as requiring approval, you will need to submit a written request.
You can send the request to email@example.com or GPO Box 2751, Melbourne, Victoria 3001.
Your request should include the following information:
- client claim number
- transport injury being treated
- type of treatment or service being requested
- how it will support the patient’s recovery
- proposed date of the service/treatment
- number of services proposed or expected duration
- date treatment will be reviewed
- functional goals or outcome measures used to evaluate the impact on the patient’s overall health and well being
- self-management strategies in place
The request will be considered based on the principles of the Clinical Framework. We will assess the request within 10 business days and send you a written response to confirm if the proposed treatment or services has been approved.