Recruitment for the P Drivers Project is now complete.
Who was involved?
- Newly-licensed young drivers aged between 18 and 22 years.
- The program was conducted for participants living in Melbourne, Bendigo, Ballarat, Geelong and the surrounding areas.
What did it involve?
- Completing surveys where young drivers could voice their opinions and experiences about being a new driver and share some of the challenges they face.
- Sometimes attending locally run group discussions with a driving coach who helped them become safer drivers.
What did participants gain?
- How to become a safer driver as well as help others they know be safer on the roads.
- Movie tickets, bowling passes and gift cards.
- Entry to prize draws for holidays and the chance to win a Toyota Yaris at the end of the project.
The P Drivers Project is one of the largest and most complex scientific research studies undertaken in the area of driver education designed to improve the safety of new P plate drivers.