The best idea when learning to drive is to get as much information as possible - whether you are a learner driver, a parent of a young learner driver or a supervisor.
We have listed some helpful websites and information below:
- Lessons from the Road – This is a VicRoads online resource for learner drivers and their parents or supervisors. It provides tips and advice on helping the learner driver clock up 120 hours of driving practice.
- Learner Kit - A guide for learner drivers and parents. This is provided when you get your learners permit and are available from VicRoads. It includes helpful information, the learner log book and a guide for supervising drivers.
- Road Smart is a road safety education and training program designed to build on the knowledge, skills and behaviours of Year 10 (or equivalent) students, helping lay the foundations for safe driving among young drivers. Delivered by VicRoads, Road Smart features:
- An interactive classroom session
- eLearning for students and their supervising drivers
- An in-car session
- A teacher resource toolkit linked to the Victorian Curriculum.
- Driving schools located in your area – Look up driving schools and your location on your computer or look up driving schools in the Yellow Pages.
- Visit the VicRoads website or call 13 11 71 for office locations.
- Victoria Police