- Home >
- Road safety
- Towards Zero
- Safer People
- Pause the Road Toll - TAC Hackathon
- TAC PAUSEFEST HACK-A-THON EVENT PARTICIPANT TERMS
TAC PAUSEFEST HACK-A-THON EVENT PARTICIPANT TERMS
- These Participant Terms apply to the "TAC Pause the Road Toll Ideas Hack" competition (competition) conducted by the Transport Accident Commission of 60 Brougham Street, Geelong, Victoria, ph 1300 654 329 (Promoter).
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged over 18 years. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its agencies and companies associated with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- The competition will be held on Friday 13th February 2015 (Event Date) in which the entrant will attend the TAC Pause the Road Toll Ideas Hack competition for a minimum 9 hour period, and engage in an ideas hack, culminating in the presentation of a solution to the brief provided on the Event Date (Event).
- To enter, individuals must attend the TAC Pause the Road Toll Ideas Hack event on the Event Date (venue details provided on registration website) and arrive by 9:00AM (AEST) to sign-in. To be eligible, you must be available for the full day (approximately a 9 hour period).
- Entry is limited by the number of positions available to the Event. Once the Event is listed as "sold out" or "full" there will be no further scope for individuals to enter the competition.
- Information on how to register, information provided verbally by the Promoter at the Event and details of the prizes form part of these terms (Participant Terms). Any entry not complying with the Participant Terms will be deemed invalid.
- Once registered at the Event, participants will be presented with information from the Promoter or its agencies, or companies associated with the Event. Individuals can work autonomously, in pre-registered teams or form teams at the Event (Participant) where they will generate an idea for a creative technology solution to a live road safety issue that will be explained by the Promoter on the Event Date in the form of a brief. Participants will have approximately 4 hours to develop their ideas, after which the Participant will present their ideas to a panel of judges including employees of the TAC, PauseFest and Clemenger BBDO (Melbourne) Pty Ltd (Clemenger BBDO).
- This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the prize winners. All valid entries received on the Event Date will be judged on their creative merit, taking into account the potential to make an impact against the Promoter's road safety targets, along with the feasibility and simplicity of implementing the solution, and the originality of the solution. The judging will take place both on the Event Date, with 3 Participants to be shortlisted on that date. The winning Participant will be announced on Sunday 15 February 2015 at the PauseFest closing event during which time the shortlisted Participant (or at least one group member) must be present to be eligible to receive the prize.
- The determination of the prize winner in no way constitutes an endorsement of the solution presented at the Event by the Promoter and the winning Participant must not represent otherwise.
- The winning Participant will be eligible to receive a cash prize of $5,000.00 to be split evenly amongst the members of the winning group or the individual as relevant and to be distributed by electronic transfer within 10 business days of the winning Participant providing the required paperwork to the Promoter.
- The winning Participant will also be eligible to receive the opportunity to further develop their idea with the assistance of the TAC, Clemenger BBDO and any related third party suppliers across a period of 4 months from Sunday 15 February 2015 to Sunday 14 June 2015 (Incubation Period). The assistance provided will be at the Promoters' discretion but may include at minimum: an initial session with Clemenger BBDO representatives, a creative workshop to further explore the idea and thinking, assistance with strategic planning, visual identity and brand design and at least 4 in-person meetings with a nominated Clemenger BBDO team across the duration of the Incubation Period. These professional services would be valued at up to $70,000.00.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition you warrant to the Promoter that you have not lost your driver's licence and have not lost more than 5 demerit points in the previous 5 year period and prior to that you have not had a poor history subject to the discretion of the Promoter. Any individual who does not comply with this warranty is ineligible for the prize.
- You further warrant that you will participate in the competition in a lawful, competent, professional manner and that you have not engaged in any activities that may harm the reputation of the Promoter or the competition including engaging in any criminal activity or being charged with any criminal offence including in connection with your business.
- The Promoter may require the winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, and proof of residency and will require shortlisted participants to undergo a driver's licence check prior to determining if the individual is eligible to win the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion. To supply or attempt to supply misleading information or make any misrepresentation regarding an entry will result in an entrant being disqualified from this competition. If one member of the winning group (if relevant) is determined to be ineligible the prize will be distributed to the remaining members.
- By entering this competition, the entrant unconditionally consents to the Promoter's use of the personal information of the entrant including, without limitation, the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice for an unlimited period, worldwide, without remuneration for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes (including the outcome of the competition).
- By entering the competition, and attending the Event each entrant agrees to the use of their image for printing, broadcast, publicity and promotional purposes, including but not limited to the Promoter's website and advertising campaigns without compensation, and agrees that the promoter will own all intellectual property rights in any such material.
- You acknowledge that as part of your participation in the Event, you may be recorded, photographed and filmed, and you grant to the Promoter:
- (a) the right to record, film and photograph my image, voice and performance, and use my name, likeness or other biographical information concerning me (the Materials); and
- (b) the exclusive right to copy, adapt, edit, alter, reproduce, publish, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, transmit, diffuse and otherwise use, parts or all of the Materials for any purpose, in any and all media throughout Australia and online (worldwide), in perpetuity and without further consent or payment.
- Any copyright or intellectual property in the entries will be retained by the Participant and the Promoter has no responsibility for determining how such assets may be divided amongst the members of any Participants who have registered as a group. If, following the Event, the Promoter wishes to license or have assigned to it any intellectual property in the entry presented, the parties will negotiate in good faith to allow this to occur.
- The Participant must warrant that no third party intellectual property is breached in the presentation or further exploitation of the entries.
- The winners must, at the Promoter's request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
- The Promoter may disclose entrants' personal information to contractors and agents it engages to assist it in conducting the competition or communicating with the entrants including for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at the address shown above.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The prize must be taken as offered. No modifications or exchanges will be possible and, unless otherwise stipulated, the prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash of any kind. The prize is not refundable. Without limiting the foregoing, where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right, subject to any relevant legislation, to substitute that prize for cash or another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at a time reasonably stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of the Participant Terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason, the Promoter may in its sole discretion terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- Nothing in these Participant Terms creates an employee/employer relationship between the Promoter and you as an individual or your business.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- The law governing the Participant Terms will be the law of the State of Victoria, Australia. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria