When invoicing for services provided to a TAC client, it's important to include the below information. This will help ensure prompt and accurate payment.
In some circumstances more specific information is required for the following health professionals/service providers:
- General Practitioners
- Medical Professionals
- Equipment Suppliers
- Legal Professionals
Invoicing information required
- TAC payee number (this will be advised once the TAC has received your initial invoice for services. This number will then be required for future invoicing)
- Payee billing address
- Payee practice/clinic address - if different to your billing address
- Family name and given name/s
- Patient's TAC claim number for example 04/12345. If this is unknown, please use your patients date of birth and date of the transport accident
- Name of health professional /service provider
- Multiple providers on the one invoice must be clearly identified and service listed clearly under each health professional/ service provider
- Date of service
- Time of service if more than one service was provided on the same day
- TAC item number and description - as per the TAC fee schedule
- Duration of each service
- Itemised fee for each service
- Service location - if different to the practice/ clinic address
- Total charge for invoiced items
- Services which are subject to GST must be submitted on a GST compliant invoice
If you require multiple providers on the one invoice you must clearly identify the service listed under each health professional/service provider.
You can also use this invoice template XLS, 0.03MB to assist you in preparing your invoices.
Submitting your invoice
Please send an original copy of your invoice to the below address. Please note duplicate accounts, such as statements, photocopies or facsimiles will not be processed for payment.
Transport Accident Commission (TAC)
GPO Box 2751
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Payment of invoices
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is our preferred method of payment. Please complete the EFT/ Direct Deposit Authority form to help ensure the prompt payment of invoices.
The TAC processes invoices on a weekly basis.
If you have further invoicing or payment queries please contact us.
Additional information from the standard invoicing guidelines is required from GPs. Please see the specific invoicing guidelines for Medical Practitioners below for more information.
Surgeons and medical professionals
Additional information from the standard invoicing guidelines is required from surgeons and medical practitioners. Please see the specific invoicing guidelines for Medical Practitioners below for more information.
The TAC has created a billing standards information sheet for hospitals.
Please ensure your invoices adhere to these guidelines.
To ensure invoices can be processed promptly equipment suppliers are encouraged to adhere to the TAC's published guidelines. Please refer to the following links for further detail regarding invoicing requirements.
To ensure invoices can be processed promptly Pharmacists are encouraged to adhere to the TAC's published guidelines. Please refer to the following links for further detail regarding invoicing requirements.
Please refer to the TAC's Invoicing requirements for Legal Professionals.
Additional information is required for Common Law, VCAT, s.93 and recoveries. Please refer to the TAC's letter of instruction for this information.