Claims for accidents that happened before 1987
The TAC scheme is for accidents that happened from 1 January 1987 onward. However, the TAC can pay for medical treatment or surgery related to an earlier accident if:
- Your accident date was between 1 September 1980 and 31 December 1986, and
- You had an accepted claim from the Motor Accidents Board (MAB), and
- You did not receive a common law settlement (pay out) for the accident.
If you are unsure whether you this applies to you, please contact the TAC Policy team by email. In your email please include:
- As much detail about the accident as possible, including the approximate date and, if known, the accident location and vehicles involved
- Your full name at the time the claim was lodged
- Your date of birth
- Your current contact details
- If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, please enclose a signed Authority to Release (client representative) form or a copy of your guardianship or power of attorney documentation.
For more information, please contact the TAC on 1300 654 329.