If you disagree with a decision

If you don't agree with a TAC decision, your first step should be to call us on 1300 654 329. In most cases, issues can be resolved at this point.

If you still disagree with the decision, there are three ways you can have it reviewed:

  • Ask the TAC for an Informal review
  • If you have legal representation, speak to your lawyer about the dispute resolution agreement between the TAC, the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) and the Australian Lawyers Alliance (ALA)
  • Request a review of the decision by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

Please note, the TAC can't run all appeal options at the same time.

Related policy: Reviewing a TAC decision

Find out how we make decisions