(This information relates to the Medical Services Reimbursement Rates)
The TAC has adopted the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items, explanations, definitions, rules and conditions for services provided by medical practitioners. When invoicing for medical services, medical practitioners are expected to adhere to the MBS rules unless otherwise specified by the TAC in the Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services booklet or its medical policies.
The Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services must be read in conjunction with:
- Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS)
- Clarification of Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) rules
- Other policies outlined within the Medical Practitioners section of our website
Please note: There were some item numbers missing from the spreadsheet with the 1 November MBS updates which was available on our website between 1 - 18 November.
If you downloaded that version, please replace it with the one below.
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019 XLSX, 0.17MB
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018 XLSX, 0.16MB
- Reimbursement Rates for Medical Services performed between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017 XLSX, 0.14MB
At the time of production this publication contained up to date information as released by Medicare Australia (Medicare). The relevant publication will be updated to reflect any further changes that are implemented by Medicare each year. Please check our website for the latest version.
If you have any questions about these publications or the reimbursement rates, please contact the TAC on 1300 654 329. Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.