What is a TAC claim?

A TAC claim is an insurance claim you make if you are injured in a transport accident.

The TAC is a ‘no-fault’ insurance scheme owned by the Victorian Government. This means if you are injured in a transport accident in Victoria you can make a TAC claim to help pay for the treatment and support you need, even if the accident was your fault.

When Victorian motorists pay their vehicle registration, they also pay an insurance premium called a ‘TAC charge’. We use this money to support people injured in transport accidents.

If we accept your claim, we can help pay for medical and like expenses related to your accident injuries.

Find out who can make a claim

What we cover

The type and amount of support you receive, and the length of time you need support, will depend on your circumstances. Support can include:

What we don’t cover

We don’t cover things like:

  • Damage to your car, motorbike, scooter, bicycle or other type of transport including the cost of towing or vehicle storage
  • Damage to non-medical personal items (motorcycle gear, clothes, mobile phones etc.)