Our aim is to work with you and your providers and health professionals in a positive, honest and professional manner. We want to ensure you receive reasonable and appropriate treatment and services for your accident-related injuries.
What you can expect from the TAC
When you contact the TAC seeking information or clarification on any aspect of your claim, we aim to:
- Answer telephone calls straight away and, if possible, resolve the issue
- Respond to queries we are unable to resolve immediately by the close of business the next working day
- Respond to written correspondence within 10 working days
- Respond to written treatment and service requests from health professionals within 10 working days.
More complex issues can sometimes take longer to resolve. If a decision is likely to take longer than usual, we will keep you informed of the progress and notify you in a timely manner.
If we are unable to pay for a requested treatment, service or other item, we will clearly explain the reasons. We will also explain rights for review or appeal of this decision.
We will treat all information about you in strict confidence and ensure that your privacy is respected.
What we expect of you
We expect you to play an active role in your treatment and recovery. You can do this by:
- Providing us with any relevant information that can help us to make decisions about your claim, such as pre-existing injuries and conditions
- Participating in any treatment or return to work plans to the best of your ability
- Keeping us informed of any relevant changes in circumstances, such as changes to your contact address or phone number.
Information about the standard of service you can expect from the TAC.Read more