45 Sec Film
Make a difference on our roads
Got a plot that pops?
The 2020 Split Second Film Competition is open.
The Split Second Film Competition is back and calling for Victorians aged between 18-25 to submit ideas for a 45 second film designed to combat distracted driving with a focus on mobile phones.
Developed by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) in partnership with Village Cinemas, the competition is an exciting opportunity for young Victorians to launch a film career and make a real difference on our roads.
This year’s winner will score a $50k budget, $5k cash, have their film made by an award-winning production house and screened at Village Cinemas across Victoria PLUS a very special twist…
If that’s not enough incentive to enter, a Logie-winning actor and star of Hacksaw Ridge, Underbelly and House Husbands, Firass Dirani, will star in the winning film playing any role that’s written for him. To help kickstart your ideas, watch the film below and see just how wide his acting range is.
What you can win
Screened at Village Cinemas state wide
Private gold class screening
Are you eligible?
Read the fine print before entering.
- You must be a resident of Victoria.
- You must be between 18 and 25 years of age as at 23rd September 2020 (competition closing date).
- You must have never been disqualified from holding any drivers’ licence or had any drivers’ licence suspended for any reason.
- In order to verify your age and driving history, you must consent to the TAC making a request to VicRoads (or the equivalent licensing authority in any Australian state or territory) to provide details about your age and driving history (See Privacy Statement in the Terms & Conditions below for further details). If you do not consent to this check, you will be disqualified.
- You must enter as an individual only without any involvement from any place of employment.
- Your entry must consist of a 300-word synopsis that summarises your idea in response to the brief. It may also include a script, storyboard, visual references and other relevant materials.
- All entries must pay careful attention to ‘Tips’ in the brief document.
All entries will be assessed by the Judging Panel against the following criteria:
- An idea that delivers a road safety message centred on distracted driving, as guided by ‘Tips’ in the brief.
Key competition dates
- Competition opens: 6th August 2020.
- Competition closes: 23rd September 2020.
- The winner will be notified by email on or by 12th October 2020.