The TAC and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
The NDIS was launched on 1 July 2013 by the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013. It provides funding to individuals with a permanent and significant disability.
The NDIS does not change the arrangements for Victorians injured in transport accidents. Compensation for transport accident injuries remains the responsibility of the TAC.
The money we use to support our clients comes from payments made by Victorian motorists when they register their vehicles with VicRoads.
Some TAC clients may also be eligible to receive support from the NDIS. We are working with the NDIA to identify any TAC clients who might be eligible for NDIS support.
For more information about the NDIS, please visit:
- NDIS and other government services
- Understanding the NDIS
- NDIS - Am I eligible?
- Get help applying
- What is an Access Request Form?
- Information to support your request
- How the NDIS planning process works
- Specialist Disability Accommodation information for providers
- Housing and the NDIS for participants