How to apply

Step 1

If you haven't already, you will need to talk to us about your eligibility for income support. You can call us on 1300 654 329 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5:30pm).

When we talk to you, we will ask you for some information, such as:

  • Your business name
  • Type of business
  • ABN
  • Contact details for your accountant
  • Details about what you earned before the accident
  • If you have financial dependent(s), their name, date of birth and relationship to you (e.g. wife/husband, partner, child)
  • Bank account details

We will use this information to work out if you are eligible for income support.

Step 2

To work out your income support rate, we need you to send us:

  • Personal income tax records for the 3 years before your accident
  • Business Activity Statements (if applicable)

We deduct tax from income support payments. So that we can withhold the right amount of tax from your payment, you need to complete and return a Tax File Number (TFN) declaration form when asked to by the TAC.

If you hire someone to do your work

If you hire someone to do your work while you are injured, we need this information to work out if you are eligible for income support:

  • A Certificate of Capacity from your doctor
  • The name and contact details of the person you have employed to do your work
  • Written or verbal confirmation that the person is doing work that you would normally do
  • Payslips or invoices showing gross pay and hours worked by the person
  • Proof of payment, such as a copy of bank statements, bank transfers or cheque butts
  • If the person worked for you before your accident, we will also need a record of all wages paid to them in the 12 months before your accident