A future where every journey is a safe one

What to do after an accident

We know how worried you might be right now and we’re here to help. We are here to support your recovery after a transport accident. We can pay for the treatment and support services you need to get back on track, even if the accident was your fault.

If you’ve been injured in a transport accident, find out who can claim, how to make a TAC claim, and what we will pay for.

If you already have an accepted TAC claim you are a TAC client. Please visit the For TAC clients section for more useful information.

How the TAC can help

We can pay for the treatment and support services you need to help you get back on track after a transport accident.

Find out more about how we can help

Who can make a TAC claim?

You can make a claim with the TAC if you were involved in an accident caused by a car, motorcycle, bus, train or tram.

Find out who can make a TAC claim

How to make a TAC claim

Find out what information you need before you give us a call to make a claim.

View as a PDF for printing

Find out how to make a TAC claim

When a family member dies

If you have lost a family member in a transport accident we can offer support with funeral costs and counselling.

Find out how we can help when someone dies