You can take out TAC coverage before the event

The TAC can issue a motor sports event with a certificate that specifies the circumstances and conditions under which the TAC can pay compensation.

The race organiser must submit the rules of the event to the TAC at least four weeks before the event. These rules must comply with the Road Safety Act 1986 and applicable regulations for the TAC to consider issuing a certificate.

Requests for a certificate can be sent to policy@tac.