In addition to the services described in s61A(4), the Transport Accident Commission pursuant to section 23(1)(aa) of the Transport Accident Act 1986 hereby authorises the services described in this Schedule to be approved services for the purposes of the Act.
Approved Services are those services defined in s61A(4) and authorised under section 23(1)(aa) of the Transport Accident Act 1986.
Registered means a person whose professional discipline is registered by a Board listed in the appendix.
Qualified means a person whose professional discipline has formal qualifications.
Accredited means a peer based accreditation requirement, for that professional discipline.
Recognised means an agency or person whose discipline has no formal qualifications and/or accreditation procedures but which satisfies the criteria set out in the appendix.
In addition to the services listed in s61A(4), the services listed below may be purchased by a client as an approved service as part of an individual funding agreement.
For details of service provider eligibility criteria for each service type refer to the appendix.
- Attendant Care
- Child care - only if eligible under section 60(2)(c) of the Transport Accident Act 1986
- Community Group Programs
- Continence equipment
- Equipment purchase or hire that costs less than $1,000 per item inclusive of delivery
- Exercise physiology
- Gym and swimming programs - when certified by a medical practitioner or registered physiotherapist, for the purpose of treatment or rehabilitation of transport accident injuries
- Home services/Domestic services (including gardening)
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Specialist disability laundry services - reasonable costs when required for soiling as caused by the transport accident injuries