How to make a claim - when a person is injured
We understand that you’ll be upset at this time and may not feel like doing any paperwork. Save as many details about your accident as you can. This will help with your claim and allow us to help you.
If you’ve been injured in a transport accident please follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Collect this information
- Accident details - the location, circumstances and injuries
- Details of the vehicles involved, including registration numbers and names of occupants
- Details of any persons who witnessed the accident
- Details of police attendance or date reported to police including officer names and station
- For public transport accidents, please provide:
- Name of the public transport operator
- Name of the person at the public transport operator that the accident was reported to
- Name of the public transport driver
- Accident details including vehicle number, location, route of travel, date and time of travel
- The name of the health professional you have seen for the injuries you got in your accident
- Employment/income details if you have had more than five days off work due to the accident
- Your bank details
Step 2 - Make a TAC claim
Once you have the information we need in step 1, there are three ways you can make a TAC claim:
- Using our online lodgement form
- Call us on 1300 654 329. We are available Monday to Friday, from 8.30am – 5.30pm.
- If you are in hospital as a result of your accident, some hospitals can lodge a claim on your behalf. Please discuss this with a hospital Patient Liaison Officer.